Hopefully I credit this correctly. The following is taken from www.theintentionallife.com Nine Habits of an Intentional Parent
by Dr. Randy Carlson
1. I will not do for my child what he needs to do for himself—when I do, I disrespect him.
2. I will not overreact—when I do, my child has won.
3. I will not rescue my child from life lessons he needs to learn—when I do, I weaken him.
4. I will not treat my teenager like a child—when I do, I create resentment.
5. I will not be dissuaded from doing right, despite anger, tears, cursing or threats—when I do, I am an irresponsible parent.
- I will use my Heart—when they are hurting, confused, searching or frustrated.
- I will use my Head—when they have questions, need guidance or want answers.
- I will use my Hand (take action)—when they are disrespectful, disobedient or lazy.
6. I will pick my parenting battles carefully—because it’s more important to be the right parent than to be right.
7. I will give lots of encouragement—because it will help my child to succeed.
8. I will provide training, instruction and support as needed—because that’s my job.
9. I will pray daily for my children—because my children belong to God
Here is a Parents Prayer Calendar. Follow the date during the month combing some days when you don't have 31 total.